Expressions of interest for solo and group exhibitions by artists based in Christchurch are requested for the period August to December 2011 in the newly established Chambers@241 art gallery at 241 Moorhouse Avenue, Christchurch.
Proposal will be considered for exhibitions in either of two gallery spaces or in both. The gallery spaces available are:
1. 52 square metres with 22 running metres of wall space
2. 22 square metres with 14 running metres of wall space
Proposals are requested by email. Please state:
– Which gallery space or spaces you wish to use
– Which month you wish to exhibit in
– Dimensions and media of works for exhibition
– A short statement about your practice and an exhibition title (optional)
– Any requirements regarding installation, hanging placement of work, use of technical equipment, etc.
– Two to four images of your current work
Please email your proposal, no later than 5pm, 10 July to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the first of three requests for expressions of interest. Two further requests will be made in December 2011 and June 2012. A selection panel consisting of Dr Warren Feeney, Ronald Mottram and Felicity Milburn, curator at Christchurch Art Gallery will consider all proposals. Artists will be notified regarding the success or otherwise of their proposal no later than 18 July.
– There are no rental fees or associated costs for artists for the use of the gallery.
– A reduced commission will apply to works offered for sale.
– Chambers@241 will promote the exhibition with an exhibition opening, media releases and listings in newspapers, magazines and websites.
– If you have any queries regarding your proposal, please email: email@example.com
Chambers@241 is supported by Creative New Zealand and the CPIT Faculty of Creative Industries